- All applicants must be beyond the age of compulsory school attendance.
- Applicants must possess a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Currently enrolled high school seniors may apply pending graduation.
- Medical Assistant, Medical Assistant Specialist, Professional Massage therapy, Professional Massage therapy Specialist, Personal Fitness trainer and Child Care Specialist students must pass a general physical and present a certification of physical by physician.
- This certification requires a general physical performed by your physician and the physician's signature or by our physician and provide a completed physical form provided by KTI. Any costs associated to the physical or having the form completed is an out of pocket expense for the student.
- All massage, dental assistant and medical assistant students must have documented proof of HEP-B vaccination or agree to begin the series on or before the sixth day of class at the student's expense.
- Childcare students must have a documented clean criminal check and child abuse registry. If one is not available at the time of enrollment the applications for such record checks must be completed and submitted at the student's expense.
- Applicants enrolling in the following programs must achieve the indicated score on the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam (SLE) or Wonderlic Basic Skills Verbal Test:
|Program||Wonderlic Score||Reading Level|
|Drafting Technology||17||12th Grade|
|Computer, Network, and Internet Technologies||17||12th Grade|
|Computer/Network Technician||17||12th Grade|
|Medical Billing and Insurance Coding||15||11th Grade|
|Medical Office Technology||15||11th Grade|
|Administrative Assistant||15||11th Grade|
|Executive Office Assistant||15||11th Grade|
|Personal Fitness Trainer||15||11th Grade|
Special Circumstances: Because these reports can take several weeks to be returned, the school will make special exception to the admissions requirement for those students that enroll within five weeks of their scheduled class start date. The exception: The student will be admitted pending receipt of the two clearances, although in the event such clearances cannot be obtained by the end of the fifth week of classes the student will be terminated and classified as a withdraw student. All calculation of the tuitions, fees, books and other charges will be completed as described within this catalog for students who are terminated from the program. It is understood that NO Title IV financial aid or PHEAA State Grants will be Papplied to the students account until this requirement is met.
- Complete a personal profile form and tour KTI.
- The applicant must have a personal interview with a representative at KTI.
- High school graduates are requested to obtain an official transcript of grades to be sent directly to KTI. Applicants may substitute a copy of their High School diploma. Applicants who have taken the GED exam must submit evidence of satisfactory performance to KTI.
- Complete an Enrollment Agreement (Student Contract) and pay the Registration Fee.
- Complete request for credit transfer or advance placement request for, if applicable.
- Submit other information as required to determine qualifications.
Applicants with previous experience or formal post secondary training in the field for which they have elected to enroll may be granted credit toward the completion of the program based on an evaluation of their experience and proficiency in that field. If credit toward the completion of the program is granted, the applicant will be advanced to the highest level for which he/she can qualify, with a maximum of one module as defined by the Director. For details regarding testing, contact the school's Director. Appointments for Advanced Standing Testing must be scheduled within the first week of schedule classes after the Student's scheduled start date. Requests for advance standing after such date will not be considered. Tuition and available student financial assistance will be adjusted accordingly. In order to be considered for advance standing the Student must be enrolled in one of KTI's Occupational Associate in Specialized Business or Occupational Associates in Specialized Technology Degree programs and complete the advance study request form prior to the third day of classes after the students scheduled start date.
Transfer of credit from an accredited business/technical school, college or university is considered on an individual basis. In general, should courses taken at another institution be duplicated by courses given at Keystone Technical Institute and a student has passed those courses with an equivalent grade of a "B", credit is generally granted at Keystone Technical Institute.
The listing of credits is not meant to imply transferability into college programs. A credit hour is a unit of measure, not necessarily an indication of transferability of credit. The receiving institution, rather than the training institution, decides whether to accept credits for transfer.
NOTE: Credit transfer requests must be accomplished on or before classes begin, but no later than the first week of classes after the student's scheduled start date. No credit transfer requests will be granted after the first week of class.
Tuition Charges & Fees
Tuition charges and fees at Keystone Technical Institute should be looked upon by the student as a wise investment in his or her future career in business. Today, more and more employers are interested in hiring credentialed individuals who possess advanced skills and professional poise rather than untrained personnel. Keystone Technical Institute graduates will be well equipped to immediately begin functioning in a business environment in both a professionally and technically proficient manner.
Please see the enclosed Catalog Supplement for program costs.
Disclosure - In the event of a discrepancy of information contained on this website the school catalog will take precedence unless otherwise determined by the School President
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please click here.
Trust in more than 30 years of quality and integrity at KTI. Click Here or call 888.530.4772 today to find out more about our hands-on training in some of today's most high demand careers!